Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Signs of Dehydration


Pretty standard night, but didn't feel so great.

After getting home and having some time w/ the Little Man, I managed to get in 35 mins in the garage. The order of the day was 4 x 3 mins, working to maximum effort by #'s 3 and 4. The proposed workout includes another set of these intervals, but I just felt beat today. Additionally, it was dinner time and Jean has been home w/ the Kid all day, so I felt there were a couple of reasons to cut things short. I always wonder if these short workouts are helpful, but I guess it's better than doing nothing.

Since I flew to SF and back yesterday, I wonder about dehydration. I didn't drink much today, and also didn't have a great dinner last night. After my workout tonight, I weighed 164 lbs, which is a pound or two light for me after so short a workout. I will occasionally weigh that little after 3-4 hrs in the heat, but not 1/2 hr in the garage. I downed some low tech recovery drink (chocolate milk), and have tried to catch back up on the hydration tonight. Maybe tomorrow will feel better!

I'm working toward the LA Circuit Race in a week and a half, but I have a Japan trip in between. It remains to be seen if that will be a good taper or a detriment to good prep. Anyway, it's a "B" race so I just need the mass start credit (and a safe finish!).

No comments: